Judging Criteria and Panel
To ensure fairness and credibility, the VeeKay Design Competition will run a thorough and rigorous judging process in two stages – preliminary and final.
Following the initial submissions (of sketch or CAD designs), the judges will make a preliminary shortlist based on the judging criteria for 5 finalists in each theme.
Our in-house designers will develop the CAD files of the submitted designs, these will then be used to generate the rendered images of the finalists' designs. We will then take an online poll open to the public through which the winner of each theme will be decided.
The submissions will be judged with three criteria:
- Overall Design (40%)
- Creativity and Individuality (40%)
- Adherence to Theme (20%)
Click here to see the detailed breakdown of the Judging Criteria.
The judging panel comprises of certified designers and experienced members of the jewellery community. They are chosen for their extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of design, as well as their high level of trend-consciousness.
- Founder of VeeKay Collections
- GIA certified Graduate Gemologist
- Experience working with prominent international jewellers ranging from Asia, Europe and North America
- Director of a leading European jewellery manufacturer Sanket BVBA
- Founder and CEO of e-retailer www.eternalcarats.com
- Over 15 years of experience in the international jewellery industry
- CEO and Founder of ExJewel
- GIA certified in Jewellery Design
- Experience working with esteemed brands such as Versace, S.T. Dupont, LVMH Group, Drouot Estimation
- Sixth generation jeweller from the Boghassian family